Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jesus said, The Father's imperial rule is like a person who had [good] seed. His enemy came during the night and sowed weeds among the good seed. The person did not let the workers pull up the weeds, but said to them, "No, otherwise you might go to pull up the weeds and pull up the wheat along with them." For on the day of the harvest the weeds will be conspicuous, and will be pulled up and burned. (57 Thomas)

I have creative potential. I have seed.

Among my seeds are certainly some that grow rapidly but do not produce what I had anticipated.

My weeds and my wheat grow beside one another, their roots tightly tied. Often I cannot distinguish one for the other until each are nearing maturity.

This mixing complicates the harvest. But by watching and gathering carefully the wheat and weeds can be separated.

Moreover all is well: some weeds feed the animals and others have medicinal use. The dried stalks of both wheat and weed are good for kindling, brickmaking, and winter bedding.

All is well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well. (Julian of Norwich)

The synoptic parallel is Matthew 13: 24-30.

No comments: