Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jesus said, "Congratulations to those who are alone and chosen, for you will find the (Father's) domain. For you have come from it, and you will return there again."(49 Thomas)

The Gospel of Luke quotes Jesus as congratulating those who are poor and explaining they will experience the kingdom of God. (6:20)

In Luke he also congratulates the hungry, those in mourning, and those who are hated, excluded, reviled, and defamed on account of the Son of Man. (6:21-22)

When I am in trouble I tend to be much more open to God. When I am undeniably out of control I am much more ready to depend on God.

When alone I am much more likely to hear God. When alone there have been a few moments when I have entered a very different domain.

I don't know about being chosen. Rather it seems it is left to me - to us - to choose.

No comments: